>>> A connection Server "Local" could not be established
Probably just need to register sas.
Here are the steps:
1. close EG, close SAS
2. click Start > then type: cmd
3. you will see cmd.exe at the top of the window, then right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator
4. from the dos window type: cd .. then enter, then type again: cd .. then enter ( that puts you at the c: prompt)
5. then enter: cd program files
6. then enter: cd sashome
7. then enter: cd sasfoundation
8. then enter: cd 9.4
9. then enter: sas /regserver (there is a space between 'sas' and the forward slash)
no error should occur.
10. now, start EG and make sure you can connect to Local server and open data and run code/tasks, etc.